This fourth edition of Organic Waste Recycling is fully updated with new material to create a comprehensive and accessible textbook:
– New chapter on constructed wetlands for wastewater and faecal sludge stabilization.
– New sections on: waste recycling vs. climate change and water; faecal sludge and its characteristics; hydrothermal carbonization technology; up-to-date environmental criteria and legislation and environmental risk assessment.
– New case studies with emphasis on practices in both developed and developing countries have been included, along with more exercises at the end of chapters to help the readers understand the technical principles and their application.
– Novel concepts and strategies of waste management are presented.
– Up-to-date research findings and innovative technologies of waste recycling program are provided.
This textbook is intended for undergraduate and graduate students majoring in environmental sciences and engineering as well as researchers, professionals and policy makers who conduct research and practices in the related fields. It is essential reading for experts in environmental science and engineering and sustainable waste reuse and recycling in both developed and developing countries.